This fogging tester comprises of following equipment
- 1) Thermostatically Controlled Bath : Available with all safety devices for over- heating, this is designed to operate at upto 130°C. All the parameters like bath capacity, circulation system and heating system work in coordination as to control the temperature within ± 0.5°C throughout the bath. A slow and uniform speed is maintaining for the agitation of bath.
- Note: There is a centrifugal pump at the bottom of some of the heaters and circulators that enables the pumping of liquid at high speed around the bath. Passing liquid in the beakers have different speeds and this will cause differentiation in the temperatures of different beakers.
The distance between the bath fluid and lower surface of the glass plate should be 60 ± 2 mm.
- 2) Cooling Plates : Hollow in structure, these cooling plates are made from rust proof metals with aluminum on the side facing the glass plate. These are specially designed for keeping the glass plates cool. The cooling water flows through whole of the plate with two connections. A minimum weight of 1kg should be maintained in the cooling plate filled with to overcome the buoyancy of the beaker in the bath. For each different beaker, a separate cooling plate is used. Designing of the cooling plates and water thermostat is done in such a way that the mean temperature of water remains at 21ºC and the temperature difference between the inlet and outlet does not exceed 1ºC.
- 3) Flat bottomed beakers : These are made from heat-resistant glass
- 4) Metal rings : Made from rust proof steel, these rings are used to keep the test pieces flat.
- 5) Sealing rings : These rings are L- shapes or circular, made from silicone or fluoro rubber.
- 6) Float-glass plates : These plates are available in residential or windshield window quality for condensation of the fogging. Available in tin and non- tin finish, these glass plates have reflecto meter values within ± 2% units.
- Note: Identification of the tin and non-tin surfaces of the glass plates can be done by viewing in a darkened room under a UV light at 254 nm wavelength. When exposed to UV light, the tin surface of the plate will fluoresce.
- 7) Filter paper
- 8) Aluminum foil discs: These discs are stored in a dedicator for avoiding condensation and contamination
- 9) Reflectometer: also known as gloss meter
- 10) Spacer: This type of spacer is specially installed during relectometer measurements to prevent contact with the condensate on the glass plate. These are made from high grade materials such as paper or plastic with a circular hole for the measurements.
- 11) Dishwasher
- 12) Balance
- 13) Polyethylene gloves
- 14) Desiccators: These are available with suitable drying material
- External diameter: 80mm
- Internal diameter: 74mm
- Height: 10mm
- Mass: 55±1g
- Inner diameter: 90mm to 95mm
- Thickness: 2mm to 4mm
- Hardness: 50 IRHD to 70 IRHD
- Thickness: (3 ± 0.2) mm
- Square with minimum dimensions: (110×100) mm
- Circular with diameter: 103mm
- Diameter: 110mm
- Mass per unit surface: 90 g/m2
ALUMINUM FOIL DISCS:
- Thickness: 0.03mm